Job Market Workshops
The live job market workshops have now passed. To access workshop recordings, make a donation here (suggested donation is $100) and send a screenshot of your donation to email@example.com with a request for access to the recordings.
December 2nd, 2022
How to Have an Effective Flyout
- 10-11:45am EDT / 4-5:45pm CET
- What to expect during a flyout
- How to have effective one-on-one meetings
- What is most important for converting a flyout to a job offer?
- Anne Fitzpatrick, Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts Boston
- John Voorheis, Principal Economist, US Census Bureau
- Jonathan Eyer, Principal Economist/Data Scientist, HP
- JB Doyle, Principal, Cornerstone Research
Navigating the Offer Stage
- 12:15-2pm EDT / 6:15-8pm CET
- Expected timing of offers
- How to handle multiple offers
- What can be negotiated?
- Anastassia Fedyk, Assistant Professor, UC Berkeley
- Bart Lipman, Professor, Boston University
- Will Wheeler, Economist, US EPA
- Chris Golinski, Manager, Applied Science, Uber
We are utilizing these workshops to raise funds for Ukraine! We recommend donating to either the Ukrainian army or to humanitarian aid efforts (suggested amount: $100). Register here for further instructions, donation links, and the zoom link.
Each session will include a Q&A! The workshop will be recorded, so feel free to register even if you cannot attend live.
Information on past workshops can be found here (August 2022) and here (November 2022). To gain access to past workshop recordings, contact firstname.lastname@example.org